Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
I'll get it cleaned up but in general I am happy with my space. It doubles as my bedroom or I'd be able to get more shelving in here for more storage for more art supplies. I guess that's where I am stuck right now - where to put the excess away. As you can see, even the closet is full! I could add another shelf or two to the bead wall and probably will after I make another trip to California and then to IKEA. In the meantime I have to realize more than space, it's me who is
keeping my space unorganized.
If anyone wants to share what their space looks like, messy or not, I'd be happy to drop in and see. Some people pay for magazines that show studio spaces but we see some by blog hopping to others who want post. Leave me a link to your blog if you do post your space.
Monday, November 17, 2008
- I just had my 55th birthday on November 15th. My body feels it a bit, I see it when I look in the mirror (yeah, I need to draw what I see there sometime, I know) but I am doing more art now than ever before so being 55 is a good thing.
- I don't like getting messy so I am finding I turn to colored pencils and watercolor pencils a lot. I love collage but it's so messy I tend to avoid it.
- I'd love to learn to do watercolor with the real stuff versus my coloring with pencils. It's such a beautiful medium but I am afraid I won't do it well and that it will get too messy. Hmmm, maybe I have a teeny problem here to work on!
- I read the blogs trying to keep up with all the interesting ones and those who just want "someone" to drop in. I enjoy this but it does keep me from getting my own artwork done. Being a procrastinator does not help here at all. It's easier to keep surfing than start a picture.
- The only TV I watch is some news. I'd rather read or do art than watch TV. I only have one because my husband wants it.
- I have tried lots of crafts and enjoy most such as: knitting, tatting, bobbin lace-making, card crafting, embroidery, crocheting, needlepoint and bookmaking. I've tried most things to come along usually because I need something or want something so I make it whatever it takes. I call myself a "necessary artist" as if I need something I tend to make it versus buy it mostly because at one time, I couldn't afford to do otherwise. Necessity really is the mother of invention!
Now I am to list the rules and pass on the tag to others who might want to play along.
The rules:1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I will tag:
- Indigo of Desperately Seeking Perspective
- Lisa of Lisa Reed....How I See It
- Sema of Motivart
- David of tactil blog
- David of DAVID-WASTING-PAPER
- Stephen of Stephen Hall Art Blog
I included some men in my list as they don't seem to get tagged too often - maybe because these web games might seem silly to me but the ones I tagged seem to have a sense of humor and friendliness so I'm giving it a try.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Maybe it was in the air on the eleventh but I just came over from Margaret Ann's blog where she did a great sketch on the eleventh on a Trader Joe's grocery sack. She made it in red and black.
On the eleventh, I finished a trio of pages in my journal about fairies. It started as a challenge from my granddaughter to "draw a fairy". It ended with this last page when my daughter sent me a photo of the two youngest being fairies for the day (this is breakfast and they wore their wings till bedtime even having to pick the right jammies to fit their fairy "personality"). I used red and black which is a very unusual color combo for me so when I saw Margaret Ann's drawing I thought I'd show my same color - same day drawing.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Enjoy and learn what you already know!