- I just had my 55th birthday on November 15th. My body feels it a bit, I see it when I look in the mirror (yeah, I need to draw what I see there sometime, I know) but I am doing more art now than ever before so being 55 is a good thing.
- I don't like getting messy so I am finding I turn to colored pencils and watercolor pencils a lot. I love collage but it's so messy I tend to avoid it.
- I'd love to learn to do watercolor with the real stuff versus my coloring with pencils. It's such a beautiful medium but I am afraid I won't do it well and that it will get too messy. Hmmm, maybe I have a teeny problem here to work on!
- I read the blogs trying to keep up with all the interesting ones and those who just want "someone" to drop in. I enjoy this but it does keep me from getting my own artwork done. Being a procrastinator does not help here at all. It's easier to keep surfing than start a picture.
- The only TV I watch is some news. I'd rather read or do art than watch TV. I only have one because my husband wants it.
- I have tried lots of crafts and enjoy most such as: knitting, tatting, bobbin lace-making, card crafting, embroidery, crocheting, needlepoint and bookmaking. I've tried most things to come along usually because I need something or want something so I make it whatever it takes. I call myself a "necessary artist" as if I need something I tend to make it versus buy it mostly because at one time, I couldn't afford to do otherwise. Necessity really is the mother of invention!
Now I am to list the rules and pass on the tag to others who might want to play along.
The rules:1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I will tag:
- Indigo of Desperately Seeking Perspective
- Lisa of Lisa Reed....How I See It
- Sema of Motivart
- David of tactil blog
- David of DAVID-WASTING-PAPER
- Stephen of Stephen Hall Art Blog
I included some men in my list as they don't seem to get tagged too often - maybe because these web games might seem silly to me but the ones I tagged seem to have a sense of humor and friendliness so I'm giving it a try.