Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
areas but look what we got here in sunny, northern Arizona! This is the first time in seven years that it snowed all day. We've only had a few other snow days and they ended and melted off by about 10a.m. but not today. It snowed all day and now that it's night time it's turned to rain. Our big dog Sarah had fun running in it during part of the day but doesn't want to go outside now that it's dark and rainy. Look at that palm tree - and I thought I'd even throw in a pic of me out in the snow. We were only in the mid 30's so it was cold but not freezing! Lol, I even got a pun in there.
Well we thoroughly enjoyed watching all that white come down. It is such a rare occasion for us I wanted to share it with all of you.
And the last picture if I can be allowed a super amount of leeway is my bit of art here with the few ornaments I found in the house (without going out to the shed and unearthing the big Christmas box) put on one of the snowy trees for a picture. I might use if for a Christmas card next year. For this year, it's just a bit of Christmas from me to you.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Hope you enjoy this little tidbit and wish some more people would join in. You can draw, stamp, paint, quilt, embroider or bead an inchy. They cover all the art stuff you can think of so don't be shy - come on!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
I'll get it cleaned up but in general I am happy with my space. It doubles as my bedroom or I'd be able to get more shelving in here for more storage for more art supplies. I guess that's where I am stuck right now - where to put the excess away. As you can see, even the closet is full! I could add another shelf or two to the bead wall and probably will after I make another trip to California and then to IKEA. In the meantime I have to realize more than space, it's me who is
keeping my space unorganized.
If anyone wants to share what their space looks like, messy or not, I'd be happy to drop in and see. Some people pay for magazines that show studio spaces but we see some by blog hopping to others who want post. Leave me a link to your blog if you do post your space.
Monday, November 17, 2008
- I just had my 55th birthday on November 15th. My body feels it a bit, I see it when I look in the mirror (yeah, I need to draw what I see there sometime, I know) but I am doing more art now than ever before so being 55 is a good thing.
- I don't like getting messy so I am finding I turn to colored pencils and watercolor pencils a lot. I love collage but it's so messy I tend to avoid it.
- I'd love to learn to do watercolor with the real stuff versus my coloring with pencils. It's such a beautiful medium but I am afraid I won't do it well and that it will get too messy. Hmmm, maybe I have a teeny problem here to work on!
- I read the blogs trying to keep up with all the interesting ones and those who just want "someone" to drop in. I enjoy this but it does keep me from getting my own artwork done. Being a procrastinator does not help here at all. It's easier to keep surfing than start a picture.
- The only TV I watch is some news. I'd rather read or do art than watch TV. I only have one because my husband wants it.
- I have tried lots of crafts and enjoy most such as: knitting, tatting, bobbin lace-making, card crafting, embroidery, crocheting, needlepoint and bookmaking. I've tried most things to come along usually because I need something or want something so I make it whatever it takes. I call myself a "necessary artist" as if I need something I tend to make it versus buy it mostly because at one time, I couldn't afford to do otherwise. Necessity really is the mother of invention!
Now I am to list the rules and pass on the tag to others who might want to play along.
The rules:1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I will tag:
- Indigo of Desperately Seeking Perspective
- Lisa of Lisa Reed....How I See It
- Sema of Motivart
- David of tactil blog
- David of DAVID-WASTING-PAPER
- Stephen of Stephen Hall Art Blog
I included some men in my list as they don't seem to get tagged too often - maybe because these web games might seem silly to me but the ones I tagged seem to have a sense of humor and friendliness so I'm giving it a try.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Maybe it was in the air on the eleventh but I just came over from Margaret Ann's blog where she did a great sketch on the eleventh on a Trader Joe's grocery sack. She made it in red and black.
On the eleventh, I finished a trio of pages in my journal about fairies. It started as a challenge from my granddaughter to "draw a fairy". It ended with this last page when my daughter sent me a photo of the two youngest being fairies for the day (this is breakfast and they wore their wings till bedtime even having to pick the right jammies to fit their fairy "personality"). I used red and black which is a very unusual color combo for me so when I saw Margaret Ann's drawing I thought I'd show my same color - same day drawing.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Enjoy and learn what you already know!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
No fancy headboard. No fancy spread or sheets. I have a pretty basic bed - can't have my art supplies and fancy furniture so now you know which I chose!
Challenge number five is to draw your bed. I started out with a partial pencil sketch and then switched to watercolor pencil. My idea was to then move on to some ink and wetting the watercolor. I could still do that - what do you think?
One of my dogs jumped up with her toy and changed the whole bed too much for me to finish but I think it's okay this way - except, do I add the pen and water?
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
The rules of acceptance are:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate 7 other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
Fannie of Artistic Expressions.
Viane of Baby Steps to Creativity.
Carolyn of Infinite Visions.
Mia of Mia's Sketchbook.
Purple Paint of Pencil-Paper-Paint.
Barbara of One Happy Fool.
Sue of From the Magpie's Nest.
Starr says "I know it seems like a lot of work and participation is optional. But I think it's a great way to network for creative inspiration." I agree. Hope you will join in.
Friday, July 4, 2008
My purse is really a black one. I haven't figured out how to make it look like that in a sketch and I'm not sure that it really matters. If I wanted, I guess I could make a note of the colors on my page in case I ever wanted to do a color work of it but in this case I think it was more important to make note of the day on which it was drawn.
Happy 4th of July to all you Americans out there.
The next challenge was my parent's Corelleware coffee cup of which I have the last two. I drink my coffee from one of them every day (I have a small touch of sentimentality in me).
After asking for and getting all your opinions as to whether I should use both sides of my pages for my sketches, I went for it and am using both sides. So far I haven't run into a problem but will watch if I use watercolor or different ink pens.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
The first challenge was to draw a shoe and this is the one I did. It is in a new sketchbook which will be used only for the challenges. There are currently 177 of them so I have a ways to go to catch up. By then I am hoping to be drawing much more confidently and better!