Friday, March 27, 2009

Folk Art

I don't have the typical drawing and painting to show you today. Instead I have a project I am working on for my newly yellow-painted kitchen. I have a utensil rack of my father's which I had painted for him over 15 years ago. Since I am re-doing my kitchen and trying for some flow in it, I am going to paint it to match my canisters I am showing here. I figure I can match it by painting the rack a base white (which I have done as you can see) and then using glazes to paint the rack according to my drawn plan here. That way, not only will I have close-to-matching colors and design but even the technique will be similar. I'll share a photo of the finished rack when it's done.

Just thought I'd let you know I am working on something! There are many ways to bring art into our world.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!