Monday, October 12, 2009



I made a new journal for a workshop I am taking over at a yahoo group called A.R.T. I made it with a bisquick box for the cover. Why a bisquick box? Because I like to bake and more, I liked the colors! I used grosgrain ribbon for the spine so it'd be firm enough for sewing the signatures into but that created a small problem in that the book doesn't stay firmly closed. It works fine; it just doesn't stay shut on it's own but stays open about 1/2 inch. Maybe time will help.


I made four signatures using heavy weight drawing paper as the guide for the size of the book and other pages. The paper was 9x12" so I just folded it in half. I added some MiTientes pages, watercolor and a floral petal paper. I encased each signature in a smaller paper that matched the cover colors and then sewed them into the spine with red pearl cotton.


I am happy with it and can't wait to start using it.





























6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I especially like the different size pages! I may be a rube...maybe lots of people do that, but I don't think I would have thought of it. Cool book, freebird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REally nice book... Love the cheery feel of it and all the different papers inside...Very cool indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timaree am I understanding you have a group you are doing???? a drawing group? if so, where is the link?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "Bisquick" sketchbook! I also enjoy making my own sketchbook and have also made covers with recycled treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful sketchbook you've made! I have all the parts to make one, but have yet to begin to put it together. You're inspiring me to get started! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!