Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just Practice Work

 I was practicing dewdrops for a class I am taking with Laure Ferlita.  This one is a Trip to the Garden and she might have a second one coming up.  These seemed pretty hard at first but are fun once you get the hang of it.  I resorted to a magnifying glass when I tried the teensy tiny ones on the flower you see at the bottom of the Dewdrops page!

The other page was simply boredom last night and a desire to do a bit of practice with my Pentel Pocket Brush Pen.  I played it loose and fast both with the pen and the subsequent watercolor.  This is in a Strathmore journal filled with drawing paper so it's not really made for the watercolor.  I think it worked fine as I got in some drawing practice and painting practice but I also found out this ink doesn't dry quickly on this paper.  I had several minutes between drawing and painting but my ink still smeared.  It didn't matter so much with this page but it could on others.

Since I am always wondering how large a page people are working
on I thought I would mention the top pic is on a 5.5 x 7.5 inch page  and the bottom pic is on a 9 x 12 inch page.

Hope you have a wonderful, creative day.


6 comments:

  1. delicious dewdrops...and the running ink= all to good effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dewdrops! I was going to put some on my tulip but I chickened out! lol
    ......love the water bottle too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work! I love your dew drops and the reflection in your water bottle. I would love to master this technique some day and now you've inspired me.
    Have a wonderful Memorial day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dewdrops ar brilliant. You are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, those dewdrops blow me away! Super neat.

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!