Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hey everyone! I know a lot of you live in snowy
areas but look what we got here in sunny, northern Arizona! This is the first time in seven years that it snowed all day. We've only had a few other snow days and they ended and melted off by about 10a.m. but not today. It snowed all day and now that it's night time it's turned to rain. Our big dog Sarah had fun running in it during part of the day but doesn't want to go outside now that it's dark and rainy. Look at that palm tree - and I thought I'd even throw in a pic of me out in the snow. We were only in the mid 30's so it was cold but not freezing! Lol, I even got a pun in there.

Well we thoroughly enjoyed watching all that white come down. It is such a rare occasion for us I wanted to share it with all of you.

And the last picture if I can be allowed a super amount of leeway is my bit of art here with the few ornaments I found in the house (without going out to the shed and unearthing the big Christmas box) put on one of the snowy trees for a picture. I might use if for a Christmas card next year. For this year, it's just a bit of Christmas from me to you.

















3 comments:

  1. When I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca, AZ, I was so surprised when it started to snow. There was enough to make snowmen and have snowball fights. It really does snow in Arizona!

    Though it is cold here in Stockton, CA, I don't think we'll see any snow, though the boy would love it.

    Your dog looks as happy as can be. I don't blame her for not wanting to be out in the weather at night.

    Merry white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timaree - Lucky you! At least your weather will warm back up! I'm up here in Colorado and we haven't had much snow, just cold. Every winter I think of moving to Arizona or New Mexico, maybe Flagstaff or Albuquerque... someday. Marva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow here in Buffalo NY area. At work right now and shoveled at least three times tonight already. I hope and pray you are injoying the snow while it lasts cuz it will warm up quick there I hear?
    Have a most blessed and joyful new year.

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!