Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Something Easy to Try

I saw a post on Laure Ferlita's blog about making a photocopy
of some pictures after turning them to a grayscale version. I think this is a fun way to change and personalize a photo to fit wherever you might want something a bit different. It is recommended that you use watercolor paper but my printer wouldn't take anything heavier than a drawing paper so I tried that. I think I made mine too light a version of gray so be careful not to make it too light. The pink daisy is my result. As you can see it's quite a bit different than the original shown in the other color picture.

This is fun. Give it a try. Thanks for the idea Laure.



3 comments:

  1. How cool! Love the results of this! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    BTW, Arches 90 lb. watercolor paper may work with your printer if you still want to try the watercolor route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!! I like your new daisy much better than the original. I'm going to have to give Laure's idea a try. It might be something Matty would like too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the result you got with this - very pretty! I can see doing art cards or greeting cards, lots of ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!