Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Card Done




All done! I took the majority votes and used this version for my cards for this year. I didn't end up cutting windows out of colored card but went into Photoshop Elements instead and blurred out the edges, added the Merry Christmas and my writing for the inside. The hardest part for me (besides remembering how to do anything in PSE) is writing something that goes with the card front and fits the season and how I feel about it. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I thought about adding a thin border around the outer edges of the card but couldn't figure out how to do that. I need more lessons on PSE for sure! I meant to get them addressed yesterday but forgot about them since I had them under a pile of books to make the folded edge of the card permanent. We go to town today but this week we will also go on Wednesday and that won't be too late to get the cards out by.

5 comments:

  1. This turned out absolutely beautiful! You should be quite proud of your work!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Timaree! This really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anne and Laure. The feedback I got on the trial piece really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Timaree! You must be so proud to send that out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing. I especially love how you got the ornament to have volume.

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!