Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ladybird - Huh!

Well, while Mistress was taking all those photos I went after the fun bug. I chased the flies! I am always chasing the flies. When I am at home and even here in Simi Valley. Flies are fun. They buzz around and just invite me to catch them. I haven't gotten one yet but someday I will. So Mistress can have the boring ladybugs or ladybirds, as some people call them and I will continue chasing the good ol' fly. Want to join me?

Hmmm, maybe I should darken that pink background. What do you think? Is it as bright and distracting to you as it is to me? I mean, I'm pretty used to seeing things pink since every time I look at myself that's all I see but this might be a tad too much.

8 comments:

  1. I like the pink! I might add some darker darks here and there but that's all. Fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! He is cute. Love story too. I think toning down the pink will make that lovely color of the fly's back come out more. What did you use to get that color? I think I would make the pink a cool darker red. Do you have that paint-able acetate that you can experiment with? Or you could cut out colors from a magazine in the shape you want to paint and see how that looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent drawing1!! I like the pink, but that's just me. You could print out the picture and darken that and see if you like it. I agree with Jacqueline that the fly might stand out more, but either way, it's a great picture. Great story too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink - makes the flies eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful work!!! Great job on the bug and the page is so springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fabulous! Keep the pink! Love the fly!

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!