Monday, April 11, 2011

This is Food?


Mistress and I drove from Simi Valley to Oceanside, California and saw some very pretty bits (tiny bits) of ocean and pretty hillsides which I need to figure out how to paint but right now, it was what was in front of me (or not) that I want to concentrate on. James is a vegan. I am a poodle and never the twain shall meet so to say! His table had a nice pretty bowl on it and the colors were wonderful but let's face it, a poodle does not want an orange or a Minneola (such fancy terms these humans have for something not really edible as far as I am concerned). He won't even allow meat in the house like pepperoni on a pizza - boy, isn't that sounding good to me now! So anyhow, I drew what was available wishing it were something else but life is what it is and I'm grateful for the fenced yard with grass in it and that he lets me up on the couch. The sun was shining too so overall it was great but, oh well, I'll be home soon enough where I'll get eggs and bacon, cheese and hamburger, pork chops and steak.... excuse the drool okay?

6 comments:

  1. Oh steak!!! :-D
    But the Minneolas are very PRETTY; a nice snack.
    To go along with the steak....heehee!

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oceanside is one of my favorite places...spent many summers there as a child. And I'm a vegan too!!! Mitzi, if you go again , there is a great mission there, Mission San Luis Rey. A great place to paint! And lots of walking traffic. And the minneolas look delicious! Keep drawing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the minneolas do look very pretty .. but, I am ashamed to admit, I have no idea what they are :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'm late in saying thank you. Busy on this trip I'm taking but having a good time.

    Fadwa, a minneola is a fancy tangerine of some sort. My son squeezed them for juice and it tasted great.

    Ellen, the mission is a great idea. I've been there years ago with my sister. I go past it heading from one sister's house to another's.

    Anne, Yep, I'm afraid my son hasn't won me over to vegan yet. I keep craving an occasional piece of meat.

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!