Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fake Journal - Page Four


I have my fourth page done for my fake journal. This page has my fake flowers on it. I made french beaded flowers and put them in clay I had stuffed into this watering can. Then I sprinkled a little dirt over the clay to hide it. I love these bright flowers but of course, there is no real substitute for real ones.

I painted the watering can after a question was asked in the Oils class I am taking with Nel . What color do you paint a metal thimble was the (paraphrased) question. Nel said to paint it the colors reflecting off of it as the metal doesn't have it's own color exactly. Well tonight I needed to paint a metal watering can so I played by using blue, teal, red, orange, yellow and purple in this painting. Didn't it work great? Thanks Nel.

8 comments:

  1. Love that watering can! It came out great as did the whole sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura! That can is excellent! Great drawing, freebird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful little painting, and the watering can is perfect. What a great tip! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. your fake journal pages are wonderful, I love your ideas, the drawings, the backgrouds, very nice. As far as milk goes, it is definitly fake for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pages are terrific Timaree. Isn't it amazing how many colors go in to making metal realistic? You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The watering can is terrific! I LOVE the way the color came out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome watering can! I have fake flowers in my flower beds too - the high winds dry everything else out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It worked great alright! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!