Saturday, August 30, 2008

EDM#52 - Draw a Dog


I've drawn my cat and I've drawn one of my dogs. Sarah is a german shorthair pointer. A beautiful, very fit dog as she runs around on 40 acres chasing rabbits and lizards. We live in the desert so sometimes she gets into a bit of cactus. She has made some trails around the property so she gets less than at first but cactus nor a 4 1/2 foot fence stops her from going after the animals. She even went after a coyote once which scared me as coyotes are not out there to play with but it ran away from her so I breathe a bit easier now.
I sketched Sarah while she lay sleeping on the living room floor while we were watching the Sunday news shows. She's a wonderful dog but a little too energetic and strong for us. Thank goodness she is a timid dog.

7 comments:

  1. Our son has a german short hair pointer named Bessie, and I know what you are talking about, they can be energetic and strong, but they are also very loving! Bessie is always on the move, but you can't help but love them! We have a big, black 100 lb lab...also a big baby who takes over the bed usually her half in the middle at night! I like your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet drawing of your dog! such peace and rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful drawing! She looks very cute in her big, long legged way! My daughter has a similar looking dog at her daddy's place, we call her kind a "braque", she's very energetic, but sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our German short hair retrived everything! Boots, shoes, mittens scarfs, if you left anything laying around your yard it would turn up in ours. My folks were forced to give up the dog to a farmer because of this habit. He got to go hunting more often there so I'm sure he was happier. Nice drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your pet portraits are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drawings are lovely...and you've done really well with a tricky perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! I always find it so hard to draw animals from life. I prefer to do them from photo's- then they don't twitch, scratch, yawn, run off...etc etc !!!

    This is a difficult angle to draw and get all the proportions right! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I like being part of a community. Please share your thoughts about my blog with me. Hope you have a wonderful day!